Add fields to the popup contact form
  • i have purchased probably everything that Neil has produced so far - fantastic stuff! Regarding the popup contact form, the fields are very limited. How can I add new ones. Also, is it possible to use the form twice on the same hotel website eg, one for reservations and one to reserve a table. Greatful for any advice ..
  • Hi Bugg,

Unfortunately, the add-on is as is I'm afraid and unless you are fully conversant with java scripting, css, html and php, the adding of more fields and more than one pop up form on the same site would be a thankless task to take up.

Sorry I can't give you more help than this but it is certainly not a job to be undertaken from a novice point of view, hope this helps a little.
  • Hi Mick - thanks for the prompt reply. Not sure if this is your remit, but with your vast Serif knowledge, any advice would be appreciated. The recipient if my contact for created in Serif X8 wants to view the contents as simple text - and open up in Microsoft Outlook, where he has a template with header etc. pre-designed. Using Serif resources gives the correct data, but in a poor format. This should be a simple task - but I simply can't achieve it. As suggested in my previous note, I would ideally like to have TWO contact forms on the same hotel website - one for general reservations and one to book a table in one of the restaurants.
    If this is not possible (although I would be very surprised if this is the case), do you have an addon that will make my life easier. many thanks Mick - keep up the good work.
  • Hi Bugg,

The only advice I can give you is to not use the pop up contact form if you require more than one form on your site due to how this addon uses a modal type window to hold the form which would require extensive knowledge and time to re-configure to do what you are asking.

The easiest way would be to create the 2 forms in Webplus and set them both to NOT use any type of action after the initial creation stage. Then either use something like Forms to Go by Bebosoft (they have a free light version) to create the PHP file for the processing of the form, or use something like the generic php file from Tectite called formmail.php again to process your forms submitted data.

We don't have any other addons that would give you what you are asking but the info above should help you more going forward.

Hope this helps
  • Hi Mick
    Thanks again for the advice. I have completed a form using the Tectite wizard and now have the PHP on my desktop. I have paid for a two-day trial period and am now worried because I don't know how to link it to my serif site. I need to allocate it to the 'reserve A Table' button on this page:

http://www.princes-arms.co.uk/dining.html

Your help and advice, once again, would be gratefully received. Thank you.

Bugg
  • Hi Bugg,

You can't link it to a button because the php script has nothing to process, it needs a form configuration so that it has something to read and then process the data that gets entered into it.

With regards to paying for the script itself, I wouldn't have bothered personally as I downloaded this script sometime ago, configured it, and apart from changing the email address within the script, it will process ANY form I configure within webplus, regardless of the forms data boxes.

If your button of "Reserve a Table" is hyperlinked to a form and then the form has the action set to the php script you have created, then there is no reason it shouldn't work.

Hope this helps
  • Hi Mick - It's the 'configured it' bit that I don't understand. How can I 'configure' the PHP form created with the Tectite Wizard to see the form created in webplus? Should I simply copy the PHP file and put it in the Contacts Folder using the webplus - site manager - file manager regardless of the fact that this is a contact form created from scratch in the Tectite Wizard? Sorry to be so dim, but I am totally confused ... Bugg

• Give me a few minutes to find you some information which should make this task a little easier, I'll drop a link back here within 5/10 minutes
  • Firstly, grab the generic PHP file from Tectite from the link below

https://www.tectite.com/formmail.zip

Unpack the zip file and you will see a file called formmail.php - rename this file and call it something like contact.php and then save the file out to the new name.

Next, grab my PDF tutorial on the link below which will or should, give you all the information you need to configure the PHP file which will then process ANY form you create within Webplus and will initially work with what ever email address you add to the form. You can use the script time and time again, just making changes to the email address within the PHP script and also changing a couple of hidden fields within any form.

http://www.webplus-support.co.uk/tectite/tectite-webplus.pdf

Basically, you configure the script, then make the form in Webplus and when asked by Webplus, how you want the form to be processed, you choose the option of "a script from my hard drive" via a double click on the form and choosing the form submission tab, then browse and add the php script you configured earlier.

Should you still be struggling to get this to work (you shouldn't do if you take your time and read through the PDF file) drop me an email at the following address and I'll try and break it down for you.

NOTE: The email address above is an image and not an hyperlink to avoid being processed by spam bots so you will have to type it in manually should you need to use it

Hope this helps
  • Hi Mick
    Thank you so much for the info. I will work my way through it and let you know how I get on. Cheers for now.
    Bugg
  • No worries, happy editing ;-)
  • Hi Mick
    Just a quicky.
    In your PDF doc the AT_MANGLE looks like this:
    define("AT_ANGLE","");
    but in Notepad++ it looks like this:
    $AT_MANGLE = "";
    at what point should I enter the [^23h5*");
    also
    should I enter the entire email (enquiries@mydomain.com) name on this line:
    $TARGET_EMAIL = array($EMAIL_NAME . "@yourhost\.com$");
    or just the @mydomain.com

Thank you for all of your help on this Mick.

Bugg

EDITED By Mick (email address removed for spam reasons)
  • Email me because we are going out of the realms of "ADDON" support which is what this forum is all about, we are now going off topic here with regards to the pop up contact form and more on the lines of Webplus queries which we don't support here.
  • OK - Sorry Mick, please forgive my ignorance - I am new to all of this...
    What email address should I use to contact you?
    Thank you,
    Bugg
  • Oops - just remembered the address in your earlier post ...
  • Check my previous posts of which one includes my email address, I have also edited your earlier post and removed your email address as it could easily be picked up by spam bots if left here in the support forum.
  • Thank you Mick - email sent.
  • Answered ;-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged