Mobile Menu
  • Hi
    Just got the mobile menu, and just started my mobile site, so only looking at it in preview mode in WP8
    I appreciate that this is difficult for you not to able to see it, but maybe you can help anyway.
    Firstly I could not get the code onto the master page, just was not available, so put it on the home page which was fine.
    with the menu moving over all the text goes, but the images stay where they are on the menu ?!
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Peter
  • Peter,

Like you say, hard to give out advice or solutions with nothing to preview, with regards to master pages and normal pages, since I think X6 (don't quote me though) master page source code was not accessible via the normal method of selecting the master page in the work window and then pressing ALT+S to get to the source code. You can still copy code to the master page however, by selecting the home page, pressing ALT+S and then scroll down until you see the code of

<!--Master A Body Start-->

Placing your cursor after the last > on this line of code and pressing enter on your keyboard, creates a new WHITE editable area where you can then paste the code given in the txt file that comes with the mobile menu addon, then just edit the names and links to your own pages.

With regards to the menu moving over the page, this is by design so I'm not fully understanding the problem you are saying you are having.

Hope this helps a little
  • Thanks for the speedy reply Mick
    I actually added the code where you said
    So , if you are on the home page and press the menu icon, the page slides away, to reveal the menu struture, great
    But the images from the home page remain, and are therefore on the menu!!
    So the images dont move
    What do you think?
    Thanks
    Peter
  • Hi Peter,

Thanks for the additional information.

It sounds to be a z-indexing issue. Can you provide a link to effected page so we can take a look?

Neil
  • Hi Neil and Mick
    Thanks for your recent help, the problem was solved when I was more accurate in placing the code into the source code, my fault!
    Is there a limit to how much you can put onto this menu
    I have 4 categories with child values and work very well, but in adding 2 more categories they dont display

Also I want, hopefully to be able to add functional cats ie home/delivery/contact etc but separate them from the product categories maybe with a line or something.
    As I write this I think you're going to want to see it
    Must do that
    Anyway just in case you have an idea !
    Thanks
    Peter
  • Hi Peter,

There should be no reason why you can't add more to this menu, it's just a case of getting the right HTML code configured/written correctly.

Here is the default code for the mobile menu

<div id="page"><nav id="menu"><ul>
    <li><a href="index.html">Home</a></li>
    <li><a href="page2.html">About us</a>
    <ul>
    <li><a href="page3.html">Management</a></li>
    <li><a href="page4.html">Sales</a></li>
    <li><a href="page5.html">Development</a></li>
    </ul>
    </li>
    <li><a href="page6.html">Services</a></li>
    <li><a href="page7.html">Contact</a></li>
    </ul></nav></div>

Below is another set of HTML code that contains further sub categories

<div id="page"><nav id="menu"><ul>
    <li><a href="#">Home</a></li>
    <li><a href="#">About</a>
    <ul class="sub-menu">
    <li><a href="#">Who We Are</a></li>
    <li><a href="#">Our Education Concept</a></li>
    <li><a href="#">References</a></li>
    </ul>
    </li>
    <li><a href="#">Products</a>
    <ul class="sub-menu">
    <li><a href="#">Sub Products</a>
    <ul>
    <li><a href="#">Product 1</a></li>
    <li><a href="#">Product 2</a></li>
    <li><a href="#">Product 3</a></li>
    <li><a href="#">Product 4</a></li>
    </ul>
    </li>
    <li><a href="#">Buy Products</a></li>
    </ul>
    </li>
    </ul></nav></div>

Copy the latter and see if that gives you a good start with adding extra to "your" menu

A good place to start with regards to learning HTML & CSS code are on the following links

https://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp

https://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

Hope this helps
  • Thanks for that
    Working now
    How would I put a separator line across the page?
    A piece of code presumably
    Peter
  • Hi Peter,

Is this a separator line that sits directly on the page? If so, it's just a case of drawing it on using the line tool in WebPlus.

Neil
  • Hi Neil
    No I want a line separator on the menu, to divide up the listing
    Is that possible?

Must say the menu is exactly what I was looking for!!

Thanks
    Peter
  • Hi Peter,

If you take a look at the demo, there are lines separating the menu links. What colour are you using as your background for the menu, as that may effect the visibility of the lines? http://serifaddons.com/mobile-menu-demo.html

Neil

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion