accordion technical question
  • Just got according, i have an issue, since webplus is static page, I made my according and text amount somehow that it always fits a particular height, my questions are:

1. Can i give "line spacing" to the whole texts in according? similar to in webplus, text format, line spacing at a certain number. I guess it helps to keep everything fixed in the according on different browsers or resolutions and such.

2. Can i have at least one according (first one/title) to be always open? (when visitor click on it, it wouldn't get closed), that will help me to keep the height of according always the same on the site.

Thank you!

Thank you!
  • Also, is it possible to change the color of the according lines? gotta make it same as my other tables color on the page.
  • Hi topdog,

To force section one to be open when landing on the page with the accordion running on it, you will need to add a small snippet of code called activeIndex and then add the integer number of the section you want open, in your case 1

Therefore, by opening the HTML frag box and locating the javascript calls, once you've added the new command it should force section one to be open at all times on initial landing, if done correctly, your code will then look like the below

<script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery(document).ready(function($){
    $(".accordion").smk_Accordion({
    showIcon: true,
    animation: true,
    collapsible: false,
    activeIndex: 1,
    slideSpeed: 200
    });
    });
    </script>

With regards to changing text format, you'll have to play about with your own css because you are now going out of the realms of the default addon support here but I can tell you that there is already css added to control various options such as fonts, font size, colour, background colour and yes you guessed it, the border line colour.

You can change the border line colours by editing this line of css code, again within the HTML frag box for the addon

.smk_accordion .accordion_in { border: 1px solid #CCC;}

Just change the default HEX value of CCC to another 6 digit hex value such as orange and would then be #FF8000

Hope this helps a little
  • Thanks alot! one more request, is it also possible to make my paragraph as "Justify Paragraph"? so my texts would be displayed in the box neatly. Possible? I mean adjusting this http://prntscr.com/fpyrlr
  • You would need to publish to disk rather than publish to web, giving you access to all files contained within the addon, open the smk-accordion.css file and then do some css editing and one place to try would be .acc_content padding and then adjust the settings accordingly until you have the look you desire. Once edited and you have things in the right place, delete the original css file and add back your newly edited one to make the changes permanent for this particular site build.

That's about the best information I can give you

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion