Full Slider Width
  • Hi,

I have managed to get my full width slider working on my home page. I have placed it under my logo, navigation bar and phone number. The slider works fine, only issue that I am getting is that when I zoom out of the page, the images get cut at the top and I can't see the top part of the images. How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance
  • Hi,

When you say zoom out, is this when viewing in a browser and f so which one. I've just checked our demo and all seems to be okay.

Also, are you able to provide a link to the page so we can get a better understanding of the problem you're experiencing?

Thanks
    Neil
  • Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

This occurs when I'm previewing the website in Google Chrome and I try to zoom out so the top part of the pictures get cut off.

I am creating a new website, so I haven't published this yet as I've got my current website that's live which I don't want to edit just yet. Is there any other way I can provide you access to the page?

Thanks,
    Sayyada
  • Hi Sayyada,

Just publish the new website to a temp space on your original hosting server, this will then not affect your current live site, for help on this, have a look at Neil's tutorial on the link below, then add the URL address to the temp site so that we can then have a look at the problems you seem to be having

http://www.seriftuts.com/webplus-tutorials/creating-a-sub-directory-for-website-testing

Hope this helps
  • Hi Mick,

I tried this, but unfortunately it doesn't work for me.

On the Account details window, I changed the account name, FTP address, folder, username and password as shown on the tutorial.

Do I need to keep the username and password the same as my current site?

Do I need to add a website URL?

Also, how do I create a new directory?

Thanks,

Sayyada
  • You need to use the same ftp address, username and password to the server you are using or you wont be able to login to upload.

Create a "NEW" account in Webplus (Don't edit your default one), use the same information you use for your normal site, but you'll need to add a new folder name to upload to.

This will differ from hosting provider to hosting provider

For instance, if you already upload to a specific folder given to you by your hosting provider such as public_html or httdocs or www etc (keep the same default folder name, then add a forward slash, then the new folder name) - this will create a new subfolder to the original folder, so in Webplus, the folder name will become (example) public_html/test

If your provider doesn't give you a specific folder because the information they have given you is already configured to the correct directory on the server, then you will only need to add the new name of the folder to the folder field of Webplus (example) test

Either way you do this, Webplus will create the folder for you on the server and upload to it, once uploaded, you just need to give us the full URL address to this new directory where your test site now resides (example) yoursite.com/test

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion