Full width slider
  • Hi Mick
    Sorry I didn't realise this forum existed!
    Anyway the problem is the same as someone else
    ie. On slide in the background
    On fade in the foreground
    But not the other way round which is what I want, I couldn't see a fix for it

Thanks
    Peter
  • Peter,

As posted in the other forum, please post a live link to the problematic slider so we can check the code from a source view and hopefully debug it. We have no idea what could be wrong when we have nothing to see or work with. Also, a link to other thread that details the problem someone else is having would be a big help.

Hope this helps
  • Hi Mick
    Finally got the test site sorted out
    arketa.co.uk/test

Be grateful if you see if you can sort out the slider displaying behind the web page.
    Also tell me why my snowflakes wont change colour! The hex value I've put in is "#000000" but still displays white.The whole site is work in progress!
    Many thanks
    Peter
  • Peter,

1) I think the issue with the slider is down to having the page colour set to white and is sitting over the top of the slider, try setting the page to transparent via the page properties.

2) With regards to the snow issue, you are calling an image (flake.png) and because this image is white, this is the colour that will show from the image attribute, if you remove flake.png from the code and just leave the 2 " characters (image :"",) and rely only on the code to generate the flakes, then the setting of the hex value will change the colour of the flakes generated, if you really need to use the flake.png file, load it up in an image program and change the colour and add it back to webplus.

Hope this helps and do let us know if this sorts your issues out
  • Hi Mick
    Brilliant, both issues sorted out and working !
    Thank you so much
    Award yourself a bonus and relax

A happy and satisfied customer

Many thanks
    Peter
  • Hi Mick
    Me again
    I want to change the colour of the snowflake, which I've done
    But where do I put it so that the code uses it ?
    Thanks
    peter
  • Are you referring to the changing of the image file (flake.png)

If so, open the file manager of Webplus and delete the file called flake.png, if the file is added directly to the HTML frag box (where the code is) double click the frag box to open its properties and hit the files tab at the top, you should now see the image file, which you need to highlight and delete and then add the new coloured one by clicking the add file button, browse and add, making sure that the new image file you are using, retains the same file name of flake.png so it gets picked up via the code.
  • Thanks worked a treat!

Peter
  • No worries ;-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion