MobileMenu Blocking Lighbox
  • Hiya,

I am using the mobilemenu addon - this seems to be causing an issue with my lightbox on my gallery page.

If i remove the mobile menu from the gallery page the lightbox works as it should do but if i put it back on it then just shows the imagine in a separate window - not in lightbox. is there a work around for this?
  • We would need a little more information to help resolve your problem Kate, for instance, version of Webplus you are using, where is the lightbox gallery from, Webplus or a third party application as the addon tested here, works with a single lightbox image created via Webplus and both the lightbox and the mobile menu run nicely together without issues.

Neil when he creates the addons, does his best to combine both the addon and also Webplus jquery inserts so that they can run together without causing clashes. It also helps us if we have a link to the problematic page or site so that we can double check the code via a source view of the page.

We know that some people don't have the sites uploaded sometimes due to being in the development stages but you could upload it to a temp space on your server for problem solving issues and if you need help on this, follow Neil's tutorial on the link below

http://www.seriftuts.com/webplus-tutorials/creating-a-sub-directory-for-website-testing
  • Hi Mick,

Thanks for getting back to me - i am using Webplus X8 - i can upload the site to a temp domain its now on www.annie-taylor.co.uk ( it is the gallery page i am having the issue with ) it just opening the photo in a new window on its own not as a ''pop up'' lighbox

I am using the built in lightbox - i.e hyperlinking an image to a ''picture'' and then the target window is lightbox - ideally want the slideshow feature to work within the lightbox too.

Perhaps you could have a look at this for ma and let me know what your thoughts are.
  • Ok try this,

In the HTML frag box for the mobile menu, you can probably get to this easier via the objects tab on the right hand side of the work window, open the addon html frag box and take out this line of code

<script type="text/javascript" src="jquery.js"></script>

Then before you close the frag box down, make sure there is a tick in the box that says "Include jQuery Script"

Then close the frag box down by clicking ok and then try the site again in your browser.

I see 2 calls to jquery in your code and I think its causing a conflict
  • Hi Mick,

This worked an absolute treat! All loading as it should be now!

Thanks so much for being such a star with you quick response and solution!

:)
  • My pleasure Kate and glad that got you sorted ;-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged