Smooth Scrolling stopped working
  • Hi I have the smooth scrolling add-on and i have noticed that it has stopped working? I have followed the instructions in your post re replacing the jquery file and it still does not work for me. I have opened the project as a file only and positioned the html bits of code and replaced the code and made sure that the HTML options has a tick for write the id for each object and it still does not work?
    can you help please?
  • p.s. it will not work in ANY browser?
  • Which version of WebPlus are you using?
  • Hi Neil, sorry webplus x8 with update.
  • I have uploaded an example to www.theorbe.co.uk so that you can see what is happening (or not happening lol) all I have done is open the file and added the coloured boxes and moved the html frag along the page. Updated the scrollto js file and made sure that the write id is ticked and a tick in the include jquery script. I have checked the links for the id of the html frags and they appear ok. it is as if there is no link set for the html frags the page doesn't move at all in any browser??
  • The link you have provided works fine here for smooth scrolling in both IE11 and Firefox, although it does fail to work in Chrome for some reason.
  • Hi Mick, yes I see that as well now that I cleared my history and re-checked in Chrome. Opera,Firefox and Edge. It works ok in Edge and Firefox but not Chrome or Opera??
  • Looks like you're using an old version of the addon, if you've updated all the files, you just need to delete this line of code to get it working:

<script type="text/javascript" src="jquery.js"></script>

Let us know how you get on.
  • Hi Neil, when I delete that line of code from HTML and upload the changes it stops working altogether in ALL browsers?? I opened the large HTML at the top of the page and deleted the line (the first in the code) saved it and uploaded it and now nothing works again ??
  • I'm not really sure what's wrong but I see you purchased the addon almost 2 years ago. I've just sent you the latest and updated file to the email address you have associated with this forum, hopefully replacing the main HTML Code Fragment with the newer one will fix it.

Let us know how you get on.

Neil
  • Hi Neil, thanks for that. Unfortunately it still will not work in Chrome and Opera but will work in firefox and ie / Edge?? it is a strange one. When I view your demo page for it in Chrome it works but when I view my page in Chrome it will not??
  • The only difference I can see between your demo and Neils demo is the no conflict code

Neil's demo doesn't seem to be using it therefore, locate these 2 lines of code within the frag box

$.noConflict();
    jQuery(document).ready(function($) {

And replace it with this single line of code

$(document).ready(function(){

That's about all I can suggest really, unless Neil has an alternative idea.
  • Hi Mick, well sorry to report still no change after making the changes you suggested. Better still making those changes has just blocked it on ALL browsers lol. I have uploaded a fresh copy to my site and nothing works now. Perplexing. Its not a big deal for me since I only use it on one site but it would be nice to have it working again.

cheers,
  • Very odd. WebPlus X8 does have a smooth scroll feature built in, so you might be better off using that one on this particular project.

Sorry we can't be much more help than this.

Neil

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion