Smooth Scrolling addon halts webplus slider and background video addon
  • Hi Guys,

Ive got this job underway and the idea was that I have a webplus slider at the top of the page, and have panels through the page with the background video addon running behind everything - the panels allow the video to shiow where i want it to. However I installed the smoothe scrolling addon so I could get a nice shift from one panel to another and it seems to have stopped both the video background and the webplus slider from working.

When I remove the smooth scrolling panel with the html everything works... add it back to the page and it stops.

Can you help lads? Link is http://www.samsoninternet.com/dev/newsap

With thanks as always
    Kevin
  • Hi Kevin,

It looks as though you've still got a line of code calling jQuery so try removing this line of code from the smoothscrolling HTML Code Fragment:

<script type="text/javascript" src="jquery.js"></script>

Let us know how that goes. If you find the sliders work but the smoothscroll doesn't then it may be that you're using an old version of the smoothscroll that needs an update, more on that here: http://www.serifaddons.com/forum/discussion/1908/smooth-scroll-addon-update-fix-scrolling-issue-in-chrome#Item_1

Neil
  • Hi Neil,
    Thanks for the quick response! I did that and yes - the slider works but links in the smooth scroll stop working.
  • Thanks Neil,

Removing this and swaopping the .js file worked - all seems to work :)

Much appreciated

Kevin

• Glad Neil's information has got you sorted Kevin, thanks for the update ;-)
  • No worries thanks Mick... I did notice though after doing the above there was a bit of a jolt when sliding to the given points on the page - the smooth scroll would happen properly but then jolt slightly when it stopped. I found that turning off 'Allow smooth scrolling' in Site Settings / Hyperlinks solved this :))

Thanks again
  • ;-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion