Piecemaker modifications
  • Hi,
    I'm playing with 'piecemaker' and webX8.
    I've changed the rotation speeds and picture sizes all fine, but when I change the transitions the addon doesn't show up on the site. I'm looking for my favourite transition and then to use that one for the whole sequence. Are there any more than the 3 that come with the addon ?
    (easeInOutElastic
    easeInOutCubic
    easeInOutBack)

Thanks,
    Lester.
  • Hi Lester,

I'm not sure what other transitions are available for the piecemaker slider so you maybe better off visiting the developers site and check their documentation

http://www.modularweb.net/en/portfolio/piecemaker2

Hope this helps
  • Hi Mick,
    Any idea why when I change the transitions from the original sequence it disappears?

Cheers,
    L.
  • The only thing I can think of is what ever text editor you are using, you are losing the xml format code when saving out again, it really cant be anything else, unless of course you are deleting certain code tags that the vars sit in such as the " " in between each command.

Try another editor such as the free notepad++

https://notepad-plus-plus.org

Failing that, email me your xml file and I'll take a look

Hope this helps
  • Mick,
    this one works fine...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <Piecemaker>
    <Contents>
    <Image Source="piecemaker/l1.jpg" Title="LESTER"></Image>
    <Image Source="piecemaker/l2.jpg" Title="These are balls"></Image>
    <Image Source="piecemaker/l3.jpg" Title="Those are balls"></Image>

</Contents>
    <Settings ImageWidth="376" ImageHeight="250" LoaderColor="0x333333" InnerSideColor="0x222222" SideShadowAlpha="0.8" DropShadowAlpha="0.3" DropShadowDistance="10" DropShadowScale="0.95" DropShadowBlurX="40" DropShadowBlurY="4" MenuDistanceX="20" MenuDistanceY="30" MenuColor1="0x999999" MenuColor2="0x333333" MenuColor3="0xFFFFFF" ControlSize="70" ControlDistance="20" ControlColor1="0x222222" ControlColor2="0xFFFFFF" ControlAlpha="0.8" ControlAlphaOver="0.95" ControlsX="480" ControlsY="280&#xD;&#xA;" ControlsAlign="center" TooltipHeight="30" TooltipColor="0x222222" TooltipTextY="5" TooltipTextStyle="P-Italic" TooltipTextColor="0xFFFFFF" TooltipMarginLeft="5" TooltipMarginRight="7" TooltipTextSharpness="50" TooltipTextThickness="-100" InfoWidth="400" InfoBackground="0xFFFFFF" InfoBackgroundAlpha="0.95" InfoMargin="15" InfoSharpness="0" InfoThickness="0" Autoplay="4" FieldOfView="45"></Settings>
    <Transitions>
    <Transition Pieces="5" Time="3.2" Transition="easeInOutBack" Delay="0.1" DepthOffset="300" CubeDistance="30"></Transition>
    <Transition Pieces="7" Time="3" Transition="easeInOutElastic" Delay="0.03" DepthOffset="200" CubeDistance="10"></Transition>
    <Transition Pieces="3" Time="3.3" Transition="easeInOutCubic" Delay="0.1" DepthOffset="500" CubeDistance="50"></Transition>
    <Transition Pieces="3" Time="3.25" Transition="easeInOutBack" Delay="0.1" DepthOffset="900" CubeDistance="5"></Transition>
    </Transitions>
    </Piecemaker>

BUT this one doesn't...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <Piecemaker>
    <Contents>
    <Image Source="piecemaker/l1.jpg" Title="LESTER"></Image>
    <Image Source="piecemaker/l2.jpg" Title="These are balls"></Image>
    <Image Source="piecemaker/l3.jpg" Title="Those are balls"></Image>

</Contents>
    <Settings ImageWidth="376" ImageHeight="250" LoaderColor="0x333333" InnerSideColor="0x222222" SideShadowAlpha="0.8" DropShadowAlpha="0.3" DropShadowDistance="10" DropShadowScale="0.95" DropShadowBlurX="40" DropShadowBlurY="4" MenuDistanceX="20" MenuDistanceY="30" MenuColor1="0x999999" MenuColor2="0x333333" MenuColor3="0xFFFFFF" ControlSize="70" ControlDistance="20" ControlColor1="0x222222" ControlColor2="0xFFFFFF" ControlAlpha="0.8" ControlAlphaOver="0.95" ControlsX="480" ControlsY="280&#xD;&#xA;" ControlsAlign="center" TooltipHeight="30" TooltipColor="0x222222" TooltipTextY="5" TooltipTextStyle="P-Italic" TooltipTextColor="0xFFFFFF" TooltipMarginLeft="5" TooltipMarginRight="7" TooltipTextSharpness="50" TooltipTextThickness="-100" InfoWidth="400" InfoBackground="0xFFFFFF" InfoBackgroundAlpha="0.95" InfoMargin="15" InfoSharpness="0" InfoThickness="0" Autoplay="4" FieldOfView="45"></Settings>
    <Transitions>
    <Transition Pieces="5" Time="3.2" Transition="easeInOutCubic" Delay="0.1" DepthOffset="300" CubeDistance="30"></Transition>
    <Transition Pieces="5" Time="3" Transition="easeInOutElastic" Delay="0.03" DepthOffset="200" CubeDistance="10"></Transition>
    <Transition Pieces="5" Time="3.3" Transition="easeInOutElastic" Delay="0.1" DepthOffset="500" CubeDistance="50"></Transition>
    <Transition Pieces="5" Time="3.25" Transition="easeInOutCubic" Delay="0.1" DepthOffset="900" CubeDistance="5"></Transition>
    </Transitions>
    </Piecemaker>

Both versions are saving as .xml files via notepad ++
    The images are called l1, l2, l3.
    When I add the .xml file to the site another image automatically appears 01.jpg

Perhaps you can see something?
    Thanks, Lester.
  • I cant see anything code wise that would stop it from working correctly, the only difference between the 2 files is the transition settings which are fine and also the transition pieces setting, which again look fine.

Because I cant see your site, I can only guess that you have not deleted the original images from the piecemaker folder and added your new ones to represent the names given in the xml file.

I really can't help more than this with nothing to see and work with, a link to your problem page would be the next best thing.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion