Nivo slider
  • I cannot get the X7-X8 Nivo slider asset to work in Webplus X8.

The X6 Nivo slider asset works in Webplus X6 and if I cut and paste the code from X6 to X8 it seems to work there as well. My questions are: what are the differences between the X6 and X7-8 slider assets and can I use the X6 asset directly in X8.

Thanks
  • David,

The webplus software in later versions had the code modified with regards to html and javascript, therefore is was necessary to create another asset file for X7/X8. The software itself isn't backward compatible, meaning X8 wpp files (your project file) will not open correctly or have some elements not working correctly if opening the file in X6.

If you are using X6 then the asset file for X6 should be used, if using X7/X8 then the X7 or X8 asset file should be used.

We can't support on the forum here if you are mixing and matching in-correct asset files with the wrong version of Webplus, it would just take far to much time to track down the in-correct modified code causing the problems.

There is no difference with regards to how the asset files look and react, they are just coded differently to support the code modified by Serif within Webplus.

With regards to the X7 asset file not working in X8, it will depend on whether or not you have other javascript code running on the page you want the Nivo slider to run on, if it's just a blank page, then the asset as it is should work without issues (Tested here and works fine) however, if you are still having issues with it try replacing the code by double clicking the frag box to open it and replace these 2 lines of code:

$.noConflict();
    jQuery(document).ready(function($) {

With this single line of code:

$(document).ready(function($) {

And see if that solves your problem

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion