Mobile Menu Addon Lag
  • Hi there,
    I purchased the mobile menu addon today and inputted it onto my mobile site and I can I am very happy with it.
    I have uploaded it and everything works fine after checking it on my phone.
    The only problem is, when I press the button, there is a second lag, the menu opens from the right before the page has moved over to the right too.
    The same for when I click off the menu, the page jumps back to its original position but the menu lags and stays for a second.
    And course, this means it isn't actually sliding smoothly nor in sync.
    This happens on the mobile device but not when viewing it on the computer.
    http://www.sufiscents.co.uk/m.index.html
    Please help, I am so happy with the addon menu, it's just this one problem getting in the way

Also, is there any way I can add a search bar to the top of the addon menu above the links and add icons on the left of the text in the menu?

ps, I am using Serif WebPlus

Thanks, I look forward to hearing back from you
  • Hi and thanks for your purchase,

I can't say I have ever heard of any lag issues with the mobile menu and can only put this down to either the device you are using which may render the menu differently than others or it's your actual data connection latency, we have certainly not had any other reports about lag or syncing issues with regards to this addon.

With regards a search bar, you can only add a search function to the page itself and not something that can be configured directly to the mobile menu.

Hope this helps
  • Hi, no, it's not the connection or the device. I have checked the website on about 20 different devices and they all do the same unfortunately. It's not the kind of lag that it's slow, it's delays from moving in sync with the page.
    And that's a shame, is that the same for adding icons too?

Here is a link to a video where you can see it in action
  • Actually, sorry, I seem to have fixed this by placing the html navigation code higher in the html sheet but now what happens is the navigation text appears before the page has loaded/as it is loading and then disappears when it has loaded.
  • Putting the code anywhere else other than what is stipulated in the help file for the addon, will cause other issues and may or may not stop the addon from working at all.

With regards to the lag issue, I cant help other than I have and the only other option I can give you, is to wait for Neil to pick up on this thread and see if he has any alternative solutions to your problem.

Sorry I can't help more than this but with not being able to replicate the problem, I'm all out of ideas at this end.
  • Hi guys,

Sorry but I'm not seeing any lag here either, only problem I see is that the code for the body has been added to the head which could cause issues.

Neil
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion