snow
  • Since I have added the nivo slider to the website the snow effect seems not to be working???? I am using the bistro template but I have added a nivo slider as I did not want to use the one that came with the template.

I am using web x8

Can you help

Thanks

Steve
  • Steve,

Maybe a link to the site itself my help so we can check and debug any code issues, with nothing to see or work with, it's like asking us how long a piece of string is.

Plus also, the Bistro template comes with the Nivo slider already implemented to it on the home page and if adding the snow add-on directly to this page, they both run perfectly together as shown in Bistro & Snow My Demo so obviously you have created a jquery conflict with what you have removed and added.

Also have a look at this thread which may or may not help further if you have added Nivo manually

http://serifaddons.com/forum/discussion/1515/nivo-slider-add-on-stops-the-page-from-loading#Item_4
  • Hi Mick

The web address is www.thecheshirewebsitecompany.co.uk/testarea1

Thanks

Steve
  • In the HTML Frag box for the Nivo slider, you will see 2 lines of code, shown below

$.noConflict();
    jQuery(document).ready(function($) {

Delete these 2 lines and add this single line of code instead

$(document).ready(function($) {

Then preview and see if that cures the issue, let us know how you get on Steve
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion