change colour of txt Full Width Slider & Background Gallery
  • Hi all,
    I'm guessing this is a simple question...
    How do I change the colour and size of txt in Full Width Slider & Background Gallery. I'm also guessing that the answer will be some sort of 'code' and not the actual word 'yellow' If so, is there an idiots guide to this 'code' for all colours?
    Thanks,
    Lester.
  • Hi Lester,

The Background Gallery (as far as I know) doesn't use any code and is just a text box placed on the page and shows above the background gallery so you can change the text quite easily, with regards the Full Width Slider, if you double click the frag box containing the code and then scroll down, you will find various pieces of code that control the text colours and sizes and will look something not dissimilar to the below

.slide-container .slide-desc { background: #000; } /* Caption background colour */

.slide-container .slide-desc > h2 {
    color: #fff; /* Caption title colour */
    font-family: Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; /* Caption title font family */
    font-size: 25px; } /* Caption title font size */
    .slide-container .slide-desc > p {
    color: #fff; /* Caption text colour */
    font-family: Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; /* Caption text font family */
    font-size: 16px; } /* Caption text font size */

.slide-container .slide-desc > p a.more { color: #D3D3D3; } /* Caption hyperlink colour */

Take note of the text contained in between the /* */ tags as this tells you exactly what you are changing with regards to either a px size or an hex value for the colour (#??????)

To see all colour values for a hex setting, just search the internet or try this one as a starting point

http://htmlcolorcodes.com

As you move the slider, the hex value changes to new numbers after the hash tag, example, Red = #FF0000

Hope this helps
  • Thanks Mick, spot on as ever!
    I have never heard of hex values before, but now I've seen the light.
  • He's a good old boy is Mick! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion