Mobile Menu with Scroll and Nivo Slider
  • HI Neil, hi Mick,

I was hoping you could help me out again as I'm getting in a real mess with my Mobile Menu, Scroll and Nivo add-ons! I've successfully managed once to get all three to work well on the same page, but to be honest I'm not sure how I did it and now I have an issue again!

The test page in question is here: http://j.mp/test994

As I hope you can see, the menu expands top left without it being clicked on. I tried to replace the lines of code that Mick advised me to look at a few months ago (when I was putting Nivo sliders on the same page as the Mobile Menu, but with no Scroll add on), as follows:

" Double click the frag HTML box that holds the code for the Nivo slider and highlight these 2 lines of code

$.noConflict();
    jQuery(document).ready(function($) {

And copy and replace it with this single line of code

$(document).ready(function($) { "

but it doesn't seem to have helped. Any advice / tips would be, as always, greatly appreciated!!

Best wishes,

Rob
  • Hi Rob,

I think the best thing you can do is send me your WebPlus file (.wpp). It seems you have few addons on the page so somethings obviously not playing nicely with one of the others.

https://www.dropbox.com/request/UyVMLjyCKRy6hfWa0bfB

Neil
  • Thanks Neil, I've uploaded a pared-down version of my .wpp file for your consideration.

Best wishes,

Rob
  • Hi Rob,

Okay managed to fix it.

Click on the HTML Code Fragments for all your Nivo sliders and remove the second line of code, which is this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="jquery.js"></script>

Then delete the HTML Code Fragment for the smooth scroll addon (at the top left of the Master Page) and it should all work - even the smooth scroll ;)

Any problems, let us know.
    Neil
  • Hi Neil,

I've been away from my computer until this evening, so I've only just had chance to sit down and make the changes to the code that you suggested. Neil, it works like a charm and your work on this is very much appreciated!! The add-ons that I've bought from Serif Add Ons.com really enhance my site, and I'm so grateful that you and Mick are still able to provide the support here that I've benefitted from over the last few years :)

I'm aware that the advice and support you provide is offered at no cost whatsoever; I wanted, though, to send through just a small token of my appreciation in the form of buying you and Mick your first beer the next time you're at the pub. Therefore I hope you don't mind but I've used the donate button at https://www.webplus-support.co.uk/ that lists you and Mick as behind the Webplus support there.

Thanks again :)

Best wishes,

Rob
  • Hi Rob,

Thanks very much, it's very much appreciated! :)

Neil
  • Hi Rob,

Glad Neil's digging of your project file as sorted the issue for you and many thanks for the beer, very much appreciated from the both of us ;-)

Mick

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion