Import mobile site
  • Hi
    I have an existing site built with x8
    I need to IMPORT one of the mobile sites with click to call etc into my existing site and set up all the usual re-directs etc
    How do I do this please ?
  • Hi Paul,

This sounds like a general WebPlus question, we can only support questions relating to our addons here. For general WebPlus questions please go here: https://community.serif.com/forum/?products=webplus

Sorry we can't be any more help than this.
    Neil
  • Its your mobile template that I've bought ...
  • Got the pages saved in the asset bar from your template. Placed them (with a mobile master page) into the site with all the usual mobile/desktop redirects and all seems well except the home page slider where I cannot find any reference to its pics in the file manager. All the pics for the desktop site are there but just no mention of the mobile pages or their contents although the buttons etc seem to work fine ... it's just the slider that is causing problems
  • Sorry but we're unable to assist with moving pages or features from one template file to another, simply due to the complexities of the code and conflictions that can arise from it.

It's best to use the mobile template as it's intended to be used by linking to it from your main site using a redirect.

Hope that helps.
    Neil
  • Okay ... so do I build two totally separate sites and upload both ?
    If that's the case; do I set up re-directs from the main website to the mobile one AND the other way around ?
  • Yes, we've found it best to create separate sites - it's then a case of setting up redirects. This is for X6 but it's pretty much the same for all versions: https://community.serif.com/appresources/wpx6/tutorials/en-gb/help/mobile_sites_and_pages.htm

Hope that helps
    Neil
  • Hi Neil
    Done that and all seems okay except that the mobile slider won't work. I have set it up as per the spec sheet ... what have I done wrong .... www.nibana.co.uk is the site ...

On a separate note.
    These guys want menus on the sites with prices. These change all the time so I don't want to have to input them longhand every time and while I can use lightboxes and pdf downloads on the desktop site how do I drop in a menu (which will be the artwork for the printed ones) so that they are readable on the mobile site. I
    seems no matter what resolution or type of graphic I choose it always pixellates ... any ideas ?
  • This is getting crazy ...
    I've created two sites and uploaded them
    I've set up redirects on the main index.html desktop page to the mobile home page (in a separate directory called 'mobile' on the server)
    The main desktop site is fine. The mobile site just will not work. I have abandoned the slider as that was too much like trying to herd cats and now the whole lot won't work at all. I get bits of the mobile home page but not all on an Android phone yet if I type in www.nibana.co.uk/mobile/mobihome.html in a browser its all there ! (but I have had to call it 'mobihome' as anything else won't work and I get a 403 error (which I incidentally get on ALL the rest of the mobile pages apart from the home page when you use the mobile buttons to navigate to them!)
    I just don't know where to go from here ... can ANYBODY help and I'll pay them !!!!!!!!
  • Hi Paul,

Sorry for the delay.

First up I see this page the URL is incomplete and doesn't have the dot in it: http://www.nibana.co.uk/mobile/restaurantmhtml

That'll prevent the link from working.

Neil
  • Regarding your menus you can still provide PDFs for the mobile site, just make sure the version of PDF reads well on desktop and mobile. Can't really offer any suggestions other than this.

Neil
  • Hi Neil
    Fixed that but that alone doesn't explain why the redirect doesn't work on the home page or any of the others. Am I missing the point in that the redirect should be on the desktop site pointing to the mobile site and also on the mobile site pointing to the desktop?
    Also; why won't the slider work ?
  • Hi Paul,

The redirect seems to be working for me. I go to nibanna.co.uk and it directs me to the mobile version. You'll probably find you need to clear your mobile browsers cache each time you make a change to the redirect.

Yes, you'll need to set up a redirect from the mobile version to the desktop, making sure the rules are correct, ie. if the viewport is larger than mobile then the mobile should direct to the desktop.

Regarding the slider, it's hard to tell what's wrong without an example to look at - are you able to provide a link? The current mobile version just uses an image.

Neil
  • Can you please just check the desktop version loads okay - my phone is being a pain at the moment and I guess that is what the problem is ...
    I'll re- upload the mobile site with the slider so you can see if that's okay ... cheers !
  • Desktop loads fine here ;)
  • Must be my phone that's kaput then ...
    Does the mobile site navigate between the pages ok ?
  • Just tried it with a different phone and the mobile site does not work ... am I going mad ??
  • Hi Paul,

On desktop I go to http://www.nibana.co.uk/mobihome.html and it redirects me to the desktop version which is right.

If I go to http://www.nibana.co.uk on my mobile it redirects me to the mobile version (http://www.nibana.co.uk/mobihome.html) which again is right.

I've tried this on 2 different desktop and mobile browsers so I'm not sure what the problem is with the devices you're using. Would be worth making sure the browsers cache are 100% cleared I think.

Neil
  • Hiya
    My customer tried it on his iphone and it doesn't work and one of his staff tried it on an android and that also wouldn't work either. The redirects work both ways but the mobile site shows selected parts of the home page and when you try to navigate to any other mobile page from the css buttons on the bottom of the page (which load okay) then there is a 403 error ... I'm getting a little embarassed to talk to him now !

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion