Piecemaker - size with zoom
  • Hi,

I wondered if there is a setting for allowing this to re size with the browser zoom.  I did have a look for a solution but seems it may be a flash player re sizing issue which might need extra code but wanted to check with you guys first.

Thanks,
    Adrian
  • Hi Adrian,

I can't seem to find a solution online, it seems to be a browser issue rather than a Flash issue. Browsers should know to enlarge Flash content if needed  :-S

Neil
  • Hi Neil,

Thanks for looking at this.  I'll have another look and if I can find anything I'll post it.  I have found another site that uses one that does change with the zoom so I'll add the link and maybe there is a clue in the code.

But....looking at it they have been cunning and it doesn't actually follow the zoom but it looks like it's in an iframe.  When you zoom out the iframe stops the edges appearing to overlap the central panel edges which is mostly the effect I wanted to eliminate so I'll give this a go and let you know if it worked out.

Thanks,
    Adrian 
    8-}
  • Hi Adrian,

That sliders actually a JavaScript slider so will zoom with the browser. Our Nivo slider addon does too ;)

Neil
  • Hi Neil,

Thanks for the reply.  It does zoom but maybe I used the wrong wording.  I meant more that it doesn't size in proportion with the underlying page image I used and the zoom is out of sync with that.  I used Nivo sliders in the end which does stay in proportion with the zoom and looks clean.  I think having a piecemaker on every sub category page was a little bit over the top anyway perhaps lol.  I left one on this page:-

so you can see what I mean.  At 100% on Chrome for me the edges are aligned with the central panel but as you zoom either way they no longer align but as you said, the slider is zooming still.  I will probably use this on the front page instead in some way as a free floating 3d effect.

thanks again 

Adrian 
    :)
  • Hi Adrian,

The zoom effect will also be the same in other browsers too and not just Chrome, javascripted sliders should respond as Neil as already pointed out, but Piecemaker is a flash slider and I'm not 100% convinced they react the same.

Something else to consider too when using the piecemaker slider is that it wont be available when previewing on most IPads and Mobile Devices so I'd consider not using Piecemaker at all if your are aiming your site to feed the majority of mobile app users. ;-)

• Thanks Mick for this extra info  :)]

• My pleasure Adrian ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion